25 September, 2013

Project 52 - Week 39 - The first snow falls have arrived!

I made this little image using photoshop to show the comparisons between a recent image of the Garibaldi Massif above Squamish, and what I saw this morning when I went outside. After a few days of low cloud, rainfall and a noticeable drop in temperature, the clouds cleared over night to show us a changed mountain! Like a butterfly out of its cocoon, suddenly the beauty of this magnificent chunk of rock has increased exponentially! I wonder if it will stay or melt off again before gaining a permanent coating. I created this image by creating a new cnavas that was slightly more than twice the size of the 2 images long dimensions side by side. Then I placed them both on the canvas and aligned them with the edges and themselves. Finally I dropped in the text captions and saved it as a jpg.

Photoshop side by side image comparison

No comments:

Post a Comment