15 September, 2013

Project 52 Week 38 - Whistler Outdoor Photography Summit

I just discovered that a) this summit exists b) it's being held again in a couple of weeks and c) I could win a ticket to the 3 evening seminars that are a part of the program by going out and taking an "outdoors" image and posting it on their facebook page. Sadly the sunny weather of this week had just disappeared, so dull, overcast light was what I would be working with. I went up to smoke bluffs and looked for contrasty locations amongst the trees and crags, hoping for something that might give a good return. Even though the wind was really blowing and most climbers were leaving as I arrived, or had already left, I found a couple of guys that were still working at it. This was the shot I ended up submitting. It's nothing awesome, but it was the best I could muster given the timelines and weather.

A climber almost at the top - Smoke Bluffs, Squamish

No comments:

Post a Comment