22 October, 2009

progress, and setbacks, managing the two...

Ok Site is inching closer. Have just spent hours narrowing down folios, resizing images, hunting through old work for images i cant find etc. I just need to create flash slideshows and away we go. I am finding it difficult to categorise some of my work. Travel is often represented in photographers folios of work, problem with that is probably 85% of my best work was taken overseas! may need to create new categories later but for now I'm sticking with what I'v got.

Had an interesting day shooting earlier this week. Took out my gear to try and trouble shoot some autofocus issues that have arisen recently. At first I thought I had lost the function on my 70-200, effectively turning it in to a long, heavy, expensive, manual focus lens. not good. Turns out that the problem has worsened and now now of my lenses will autofocus, indicating issues with the camera not the lenses, both a blessing and a curse. Also have error msgs on screen and mirror freeze ups as well, eeep. Removed battery grip, errors went away, but autofocus still bung. Took photos for the rest of the day manually focusing everything, I actually got some great autumn shots so it wasn't all bad.

I attempted to clean contacts on camera and lenses when i returned home, which got 2 of 3 lenses autofocusing , but 70-200 still wont have a bar of it.

New camera. Been wanting to upgrade for a while, now i NEED to upgrade. Was always thinking of 50d but just in the last few weeks Canon have released the 7d, and oh my god is it a beast! a rather expensive beast, but an investment in many years of great photography. Canadas pricing, or more specifically their GST and Provincial Sales Tax (applicable in BC and always added on to the price at the end ???????????? why dont they just include it in the price if you have to pay it?) can jump into the freezing pacific ocean. Might have to see what else is possible.


Still dont understand why colours just arent the same when i post shots on this blog, but anyway, a couple from the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment