11 August, 2013

Project 52 Week 22 - Namche Nights

With most of the trekking behind us, we returned to Namche Bazaar, where we could finally have a hot shower, and treat ourselves to some beer, pizza and a piece of chocolate cake, without selling a kidney to finance it. The bakeries in Namche are quite good! That evening I watched as the light fell and there were almost no clouds, but being in the bowl of Namche, you can't see much unfortunately.

The stars and the moon came out and the light was so bright I could see the mountain on the other side of the gorge quite easily. So I set up my tripod and took some shots in the dark. As I did, the clouds that had been sneaking up the valley finally arrived and started to swallow the view, just as I caught a few frames.

Illuminated by the full moon, Nupla (left) and Shar (right) sit at around 6000 metres. The Namche Bazaar monastery is lit up with orange lights.



No comments:

Post a Comment