05 March, 2013

Project 52 - 2013 Week 9

I have been wanting to shoot this for some time now. Walking to the bus on a sunny morning I would often see the way the trunks and lower limbs of the maples that line some of my local streets glow with the greeny-yellow colour of the thick moss that covers them. Without the thick canopy that adorns them in the summer months, the sunlight penetrates and gives a dappled, magical appearance that follows the "infinity" pattern as they continue on down the street as far as you can see. I raced out on a sunny morning this week and tried to capture the image as best I could without the power lines, street lights, vehicles and parking signs from getting in the way, it was kind of tough actually, but this image tells the story in part.

Moss Covered Maples - 8th St Kitsilano

No comments:

Post a Comment